In Case You're Not Interested in Reading... This is What I've Been Up To:

Friday, March 21, 2008

I'm here!

So I keep getting emails from everyone telling me to check out their Blog. This, in turn, lead me to think about starting my own. I tried to think about a really cool title, but inevitably ended up with the standard, Amber's Blog. I feel like it really captures what I'm trying to do here, don't you think?

Life is going pretty well right now! I have a great job at Wells Fargo Bank, with the best boss I have known to date. Not only does my boss encourage me to work hard and strive for perfection, but Wayne also inspires me to be a better person all around. I feel lucky to be working for such a good person.

I'm trying to actually figure out what I want to do, education wise. I'm taking a couple classes right now at Salt Lake Community College. I love feeling as though I am making some headway, learning new things, but I am struggling with where I want to take my education. I know I need to get myself into some sort of pathway to success, but I just haven't figured that out yet. I'll keep you posted as I sort this one out.

I'm living in the Chi Omega Sorority House as the "House Mom" and really enjoying myself. I have to admit that I only feel my 27 years when I'm around those who are 7 years younger than myself (was I really that immature?). It makes me wonder what my parents/grandparents/aunts & uncles/boss really think about me when I open my mouth to speak. I've also learned to really appreciate being an adult, having adult conversations and living in peace and quiet. I remember feeling like I had really "grown up" when I came to the realization that my parents were real people, just like me, and that they were just trying to make it like the rest of us. I remember feeling so wise when I started to see how much my parents and grandparents really had accomplished, just by "enduring" to the point they are currently at in their lives... However, I guess I've just hit the tip of the iceberg. While life is definitely enjoyable, it is long and hard and I have a great respect for those who are going before me, paving the way. So I guess the point of this small ramble... The large difference in maturity I see within the 7 year gap between my roommates and I, is a little humbling with respect to the age difference between those I love and respect the most. The small milestones and personal realizations we hit as we walk through life are the ones that seem to make the biggest mark in our lives.

I love life, I love who I am slowly becoming. Here we go... blogging.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Steenbliks said...

Great Blog! Glad to see you joined!

Matt Blank said...

welcome to the exciting world of blogging. love it so far, looking forward to more :)

Sarah holman said...

Amber, I love your blog. your pictures are so beautiful. Where did you get them taken? I think i sent you an invite to my blog, but i will invite you again.
Welcome to the blogging world!

(i think it is a lot of work. :) but a lot of fun!)